Monday, August 30, 2010

aug 30 surgery... all went well


Dalia is asleep, it's 9:21 p.m. I'm relieved to say that her surgery went well today. No complications. Platelets normal, healthy. Brave girl. Dr. Laub repaired two pinholes in the back of her palate and one large hole up front. I won't go into the details here of how he did it... but I will tell you off-blog if you are interested. She was screaming when she came out of anesthesia... IV in an uncomfortable place, it took 4 adults to hold her down. Sound familiar? She was screaming for Mama and she called down when we arrived at her bed.

Took a bottle, slept, up, slept. Then, "walk" -- we walked down the hall and into the wonderful toy room she went. "Off!" i.e. put me down -- and she sat on the bouncing zebra with music. This was 2 hours after her surgery. Played more with toys in the room for a while - amazing sight to see this tough kid. Slept more, rode around in pink car, the red car and the blue chaise car. Ate 2 cups of ice cream and.... nothing came out through the nose!!! It's a first.

Now it's pain management and keep her full of liquids (soft foods). Home tomorrow.

Day care at Playlab starts next week!

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad i found this blog and your FB friendship. Sending you lots of love and healing vibes for your little angel. My husband is an oral surgeon in st paul. I am not sure if you are living locally but please let us know if you need anything.
    XO Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it went well, thanks for sharing her last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, Julia and KT for your messages!!!
    Julia, I live in Vermont. I am also glad to be reconnected. Time is short and I have not taken the time to read and write to catch up with you. I will keep it in mind that your husband is an oral surgeon as that will be her next big phase of medical treatment... hope you are well.

    KT - SO SO good to see you last week!!! Wonderful. Dalia loved it too, being with her Aunt KT and cousins. She still says Peter's name on her own with out prompting. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dina,
    This is wonderful news!! ♥
    Hurrah for your brave little daughter!
    And hurrah for Dahlia's medical team!
    Hurrah as well for her Mom and Dad who make it possible for her to trust and be brave.
    Thank you so much for sharing her story and allowing me to be in the loop...her circle of life and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I spell her name Dahlia? Silly me! Dalia!
    As I did that I realised I have never HEARD her name.

    Which syllable is accented?
    DA lee ah or Da LEE ah ?

    I've been saying it the latter way, yet wrote it as if it were the former. (I'm over 50. Ha!)

    All sweetnesses to little Dalia tonight.
    I too hope you are home. ♥

    ReplyDelete